First of all, I need to get something off my chest: I am guilt-ridden over The New Yorker. I really would not mind being the person who says "I read in the New Yorker..." It's a good magazine - lots of thought-provoking articles, and I learn something each time I read it. The problem is - there's too damn many of them. They come at you every week like peanuts being thrown at your head. I just don't see how anyone can read each issue cover to cover and still do other things with their time. So my New Yorkers are piling up everywhere. (My other secret is that I also get Entertainment Weekly, which I do manage to read almost cover to cover - I skip the rap sections - but somehow that's less work. Also, there are pictures.)
Anyway, every once in a while I get to read a page or two from the New Yorker and assuage my guilt and this morning, true to form, I found this little nugget, from "The Talk of the Town", in the 2/11 and 2/18 issue:
"Anger and depression...are two sides of the same coin: depression is anger suppressed, anger is depression liberated."
Huh! It makes sense. It's a good little quote. I need to find some use for it.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How lovely of you to seek me out!
How are you?
Are you still in the Miami area? My parents have moved to South Beach - I haven't been able to get down there in the last few months and don't know when I will next (maybe some time in March). I'd love to catch up with you!
You can email me at davina at foolsfury dot org.
x
Hi Steph,
It's Adam B...I'm pleased I found you, and quite the writer I see. Mail me....ejectorseat420 at yahoo dot com.
Drop a line if you find the time.
Peace,
The ever-argumentative Adam
Post a Comment