When I sent off my manuscript, I knew there were a small list of options on the other end of the mailbox:
1. This is the great American novel, I'm sure this will be sold by the end of the day.
2. This needs work, but I can sell it.
3. This is awful; why on Earth did you send it to me?
Turns out there is an option 4: This is good, but I don't think I can sell it.
So while it's not good news, it's not bad news. Rather - I've heard worse.
The manuscript is still in one other person's hands - the 2nd person who asked for it. If that becomes Not Good News, Part 2, then I'll begin the official agent search. But until then, I'll continue to be hopeful.
Steph
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Really, the Not Good News here is that there has been no new post in nearly two months!
Trust me, I know - I still have the novel out one place, I've been told I'd hear soon. That was a while ago. I'm not submitting anything this summer because I'm in training and my head's not in the game.
You're the only one anxious to read the post "GOOD NEWS!" Trust me.
I can think of a man who lives upstairs (metaphorically) who also wants (you) to read the "Good News"...
Post a Comment