I know that I have been remarkably absent from the world of blogging but I have been on purpose, trying to stay true to the goal of this blog: to chronicle my adventures in the world of publication. Since there has not been much to report in this front, I've not had much to update.
Here's what is true:
1. the novel is still in the same hands it's been in since summertime - I'm not sure what this means. It could be
a) still in the mailroom of the publishing house
b) moving up the ranks of junior and senior editors
c) firestarter
I'm hoping for B, or even A....C would not be good.
2. I went back work. I used to work and then write. Then I had 3 kids and found time to write. But I have yet to discover the balance between working, 3 kids and writing. When I do figure it out, I'll let you know.
3. Since I put down the novel, I have written exactly two poems. I have not sent them out.
4. I have one poem due out soon, in Sentence 6...I think it's actually gone to print. It was accepted over a year ago.
So...if you still read this blog and have thought "how lame!" about the lack of posts, I'm right there with you. But trust me, I hope to have reason to update soon.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This writing stuff is rough, isn't it???
The working mom stuff is tough. The writing is the fun part.
Post a Comment