Saturday, May 16, 2009

Springtime Not-Much Update

I almost posted a few weeks ago, but I still have that whole "don't jinx it" thing going on, so I decided to hold off in order to speed up my publishing karma.
But the last time I posted was November, so clearly, that strategy is not working.
However, the news is not all bad.
I have queried 9 agents with the new novel.
Four rejected my queries outright (some within minutes - it was some pretty efficient feedback!)
But one asked for a partial
and one asked for a full.
So I'm still playing the waiting game, but at least with a little more optimism than before
Statistically, I'm doing much better than with my oft-rejected (over 100 agents, I believe) memoir (still unpublished, but with long-term optimism, on my external hard drive), and so the blog stays open, in hopes that one day it will serve a different purpose other than as a placemarker for my poetry pubs!
Thanks for reading!
Steph

No comments: